Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
Week 18 was a regular one with almost daily snapshots being published. A total of six snapshots went out to the users (0429, 0430, 0502, 0503, 0504, and 0506).
The main changes in those snapshots included:
- GTK+ 3.24.29
- TeXLive 2021
- PHP 7.4.18
- Python 3.8.9
- We switched from openMPI2 to openMPI4
Changes currently being prepared in the staging areas:
- GNOME 40.1
- KDE Plasma 5.21.5
- icu 69.1: for the ring packages, nodejs15 seems to be the last blocker
- Switch from go 1.15 to go 1.16: most packages fixed, the last failure in Staging:M is cilium
- GCC 11 as default compiler: Move from special-purpose Staging:Gcc7 to Staging:O (incl. openQA test coverage). There are a few more build failures to be addressed.
- UsrMerge: The current state is that we checked in all changes and are planning on actually doing the switch somewhen in the not too far future, likely together with the planned distro-rebuild for GCC 11