Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
As you certainly know, there are more snapshots tested than we release in the end. In the last two weeks, for example, we tested 9 snapshots. Of those, only 4 made it to the mirrors and to you – the users. During the last two weeks, these were snapshots 0726, 0730, 0805 and 0806.
The most interesting changes in these snapshots were:
- KDE Frameworks 5.60.0
- KDE Plasma 5.16.3 & 5.16.4
- Linux kernel 5.2.2, 5.2.3, 5.2.5
- CFLAGS was extended by -Werror=return-type. In the past, this was (attempted to be) detected by brppost checks, but as that scanned build logs, there were too many ways for it to be missed. Including gcc changing the wording
- Mesa 19.1.3
- More than two months worth of YaST changes. Have you followed the YaST spring reports?
Things currently being worked on in Stagings:
- Replace’pkg-config’ with a more modern implementation ‘pkgconf’. It is supposed to be transparent to the change, once things are all worked out.
- KDE Applications 19.08.0 (currently beta is staged)
- LibreOffice 6.3
- GLibc 2.30
- Linux kernel 5.2.7
- CMake 3.15.x