Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
This has been a week in which we focused a little bit less on Staging, as it was SUSE HackWeek. ‘Less’ does not mean we ignored it of course. We still managed to release 4 snapshots (0318, 0319, 0320, and 0321) during this week.
The changes delivered this week included:
- transactional-updates 3.2.2
- KDE Plasma 5.21.3
- Perl 5.32.1
- GTK+ 3.24.27
- SQLite 3.35.2: fixes an issue in combination with Tracker timing out
The future, near or far, will bring those updates:
- SELinux 3.2
- GNOME 40
- MicroOS Desktop – GNOME-based
- Python 3.9 modules: besides python36-FOO and python38-FOO, we are testing to also shop python39-FOO modules; we already have the interpreter after all. Python 3.8 will remain the default for now.
- UsrMerge is gaining some traction again, thanks to Ludwig for pushing for it
- GCC 11 as the default compiler