Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
The biggest trouble of the week was the mirror infrastructure having a hard time catching up to the full rebuild. Tumbleweed itself was, as usual, solid and has been steadily rolling. In total, there were 4 snapshots (0312, 0315, 0316, and 0317) released last week.
The main changes in those snapshots included:
- Mozilla Thunderbird 78.8.1
- Mozilla Firefox 86.0.1
- KDE Frameworks 5.80.0
- Bison 3.7.6
- grub2: boothole v2 fixes: the first iteration was blocked, as dual boot was broken. New signing certs and revocation of old certs will follow.
- PipeWire 0.3.23
- Linux kernel 5.11.6
- SQLite 3.35.0
- Systemd 246.11
The staging projects are largely unchanged, the main topics there are still:
- KDE Plasma 5.21.3
- Perl 5.32.1
- SELinux 3.2
- Python 3.9 modules: besides python36-FOO and python38-FOO, we are testing to also shop python39-FOO modules; we already have the interpreter after all. Python 3.8 will remain the default for now.
- UsrMerge is gaining some traction again, thanks to Ludwig for pushing for it
- GCC 11 as the default compiler