Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
Time seems to be flying, it feels like I only just wrote review of week 33 and now week 34 is already over again. A perfect moment to look back what the three snapshots (0818, 0820 and 0822) offered us.
- GNOME Maps – New Map provider
- A lot of YaST updates
- Kernel Firmware 20160804
- Skanlite 2.0 – ported to KDE Framework 5
- Linux Kernel 4.7.1
- GCC 6.2 RC1
Quite the list, updated kernel, updated compiler. One snapshot had been discarded this week: we are trying to align the usage of /etc/os-release which resulted in Tumbleweeds snapshot version to be shown in GRUB.
What will be coming your way soon:
- GCC 6.2
- ModemManager 1.6.0 – I know some of you are waiting for it
- Linux Kernel 4.7.2 – Upstream is fast, so are we
- Pattern changes: The ‘Minimal Server Selection’ was removed from the installer. It was basically identical to the ‘Server (Text Mode)’ entry
- KDE Applications 16.08.0
- KDE Framework 5.25.0
- Plasma 5.7.4
Have a great time!
No Comments Yet
[…] http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/2016/08/opensuse-tumbleweed-review-of-the-weeks-201634/ […]