Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
Time is flying, another week is over and Tumbleweed has been on the roll this week. We had a staggernig 6 snapshots since my last review and the next one is already in openQA. In this review, I will cover the snapshots 0225, 0226, 0228, 0229, 0301 and 0302. The pace for new snapshots went up, but the ‘average’ throughput is about the same. More frequent snapshots means smaller change-sets at the time, which is not a bad thing.
Noteworthy things in those snapshots:
- Tumbleweed branding completed – some missing pieces were added
- Linux kernel 4.4.2
- KDE Discover has been added to the repositories
- openLDAP2 changes as announced were merged
As usual, work does not stop and the next things are prepared in stagings, some more or less ready:
- TeXLive 2015
- Plasma 5.5.5 (Snapshot 0303)
- binutils 2.26 (observe status in Staging:A)
- glibc 2.23 (Staging:B)
- openCV 3.1
- GNOME 3.20 rc1 is in Staging:G, but will not be merged to Tumbleweed prior to 3.20 public release (End of March)
Keep the updates coming, and always remember: Have a lot of fun!
No Comments Yet