VLC 1.1.1 releasedPosted on July 20th, 2010 1 comment
Today, the VideoLAN project released version 1.1.1 of the infamous Video Player we all learned to love. Version 1.1.1 is a bug-fix release, which does not get a big boost of new features, but yet brings you forward.
The ChangeLog for this version reads (trimmed, removed Mac and Windows items here):
* New capabilities for libVLC:
* Adjust video filter control: libvlc_adjust_Enable,
libvlc_adjust_Contrast, libvlc_adjust_Brightness, libvlc_adjust_Hue,
* libvlc_media_player_set_pause() can force the pause state, whereas
libvlc_media_player_pause() would only toggle it.
* libvlc_set_user_agent() configures the “user agent” strings used for some
protocols (HTTP, PulseAudio…). This replaces the –http-user-agent and
the former –user-agent libvlc_new() parameters.
* libvlc_video_set_callbacks() and libvlc_video_set_format() allow grabbing
video frames from a chosen memory location in real-time. This replace the
ugly –vmem-* libvlc_new() parameters in previous versions.
See http://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC_SampleCode_SDL as an example.
* libvlc_audio_get_delay() and libvlc_audio_set_delay() configure the delay
between audio and video/subpictures for the current input.
* Various fixes and crash preventions, especially when video functions were
* Fix performance issues with GPU decoding using DxVA2 using ATI graphic cards
You NEED ATI Catalyst 10.7
* Fix :program selection in TS and DVB-T
* Fixes and improvements for MKV, Avformat and Avcodec modules
* Fix mod (.xm, .s3m, .it) files support on Windows and Mac builds
* Fix h264 streaming in ts
* Qt: fix preferences, hotkeys, messages and some fulscreen behaviour
* Skins: support for mousewheel in fullscreen, fix radialsliders
* Http: fix fullscreen toggle
* Fix pulse closing
* VAAPI small improvements, notably for extraction mode selection
* Update translations for Spanish, Polish, German, Sinhala, Hungarian, Khmer,
Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Hebrew, Slovak, Galician
Packages for your favorite openSUSE version are in the repositories as usual (built for openSUSE 11.0 up to 11.3 plus also Factory, which at this time is not yet too different from 11.3 of course).
For full instructions on how to install VLC, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-suse.html; in case you already have an older version installed, use your package manager of choice (zypper, yast) to update your current installation.
1 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
[...] Dominique Leuenberger: Dominique Leuenberger: VLC 1.1.1 released [...]
Leave a reply