Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
Dominique has been enjoying a vacation these last two weeks and left Tumbleweed in my hands. Thanks to all who’ve helped out as I got to grips with holding the reins solo for the first time.
These two weeks also saw the long Easter weekend. That said, we still managed to release 5 snapshots (0325, 0329, 0330, 0401 and 0406) during this fortnight, with 0408 currently in testing and an 0409 likely to be checked in tonight.
The changes delivered these weeks included:
- SELinux 3.2 (now also used by default in MicroOS)
- transactional-update 3.3.4
- A large amount of YaST updates
- Mozilla Firefox 87.0
- git 2.31.1
- kernel 5.11.11
- Mesa 20.3.5 with a large number of fixes
- MicroOS GNOME Desktop reaching [BETA] quality
The future, near or far, will bring those updates:
- systemd v246.13 with cgroupsv2 enabled by default (Currently being tested in 0408)
- libvirt 7.2.0 (Currently being tested in 0408)
- GNOME 40 (Currently being needled, hopefully will be included in 0409)
- KDE Plasma 5.21.4
- LibreOffice 22.214.171.124
- nodejs 15.14.0
- gstreamer 1.18.4
- Further MicroOS GNOME Desktop improvements
- Python 3.9 modules: besides python36-FOO and python38-FOO, we are testing to also shop python39-FOO modules; we already have the interpreter after all. Python 3.8 will remain the default for now.
- UsrMerge is progressing well, thanks to Ludwig for his continued work here
- GCC 10.3.0
- GCC 11 as the default compiler
Have a lot of fun!