Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
Again I’m spanning two weeks, mostly because last most of the snapshots were canceled by openQA (some due to real issues found, some because OBS was too fast and testing did not complete before the next snapshot was ready). So, I just group two weeks together, which gives a total of 8 snapshots: 0712, 0714, 0719, 0720, 0721, 0722, 0723 and 0726).
The snapshots included those changes:
- File 5.33 – beware: some scripts might misbehave if they use file to check if a binary is PIE enabled and the script queries for ‘PIE shared object’. Since file 5.33, executables are reported differently to libraries
- Mutter gained pipewire support
- KDE Plasma 5.13.3
- KDE Applications 18.04.3
- KDE Frameworks 5.48.0
- Linux kernel 4.17.5, 4.17.6, 4.17.7 & 4.17.9
- LibreOffice 6.1.0 final
- Mesa 18.1.4
- PulseAudio 12.2
- X.Org 1.20.0
- SDDM 0.18.0: note: please ensure to grab the version in the Update channel until snapshot >= 0727 is out. Otherwise, you might experience issues on logout/login
- Poppler 0.66
- GCC 8.2RC1
The staging projects are currently busy with these prepared changes:
- A new Linux kernel (of course): 4.17.10
- RPM packaging changes: the SUSE specific configuration is being moved to a separate package, theoretically making maintenance of the rpm package easier.
- binutils 2.31: breaks grub2 and qemu
- 6.1-20180707: breaks Xen (deprecations added, Xen builds with -Werror)
- Usage of the new System Role selection instead of the legacy ‘desktop selection’
- Python 3.7
Some of those things might take a moment until they reach Tumbleweed (e.g. python 3.7).