Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
We’re again one week and two snapshots further after last weeks review.
Not too many things happened, I only spotted a couple minor updates here and there, like for example:
- gdm 3.18.2 (Fixes lock screen bypass when holding escape key, CVE-2015-7496)
- wine 1.8 RC2 – only fixing bugs in the RC phase
- VirtualBox 5.0.10
There are of course more updates, but nothing just jumped at me as being highly interesting this week. This must be because people have been preparing a lot for the openSUSE Asia Summit. You should always be on a lookout for local events near you – and make sure you join them.
The stagings are currently all filled, building, failing, rebuilding, openQA’ing, and reporting success and failures, just as we’re used to it.
- The cmake update to version 3.4.1 (from previous 3.3.2) is pending. Can’t really say yet if it will cause problems – but past updates shows we better be ready for it
- systemd 228 (from currently 224) as being prepared
- The kernel update, that will merge the XEN flavor into the default flavor. That is still going to be a short while, as there are other pieces in need of fixes (instllation-images-openSUSE)
I’m sure we’ll try to get more snapshots to you during the next week (currently, it seems though as if openQA is not picking up new images to test – we’ll have to check on that).
Have a lot of fun – and a great weekend,